First challenge of the year
In my last post, I noted that Margaret and I challenged each other to produce something using two pieces of fabric we’d dyed at a recent workshop. I usually have trouble completing challenges (life gets in the way), but this time I finished, if slightly late, so I thought I may as well share it. It’s a bit on the abstract side – but then so am I.
Our next challenge is to interpret a landscape in a minimalist and quite abstract style. I had the idea of using an urban/industrial starting point for my landscape, rather than a ‘traditional’ countryside, which I’ve interpreted many times in the past.
I took some photos of a local pottery works which I’m very fond of, and that I’ve thought of using before but never got round to it……however……. now that I’ve done some preliminary sketches, I’m thinking that it may be too ‘flat’ for a landscape.
So now I may have to revert to a traditional landscape, such as this one that I took last autumn while out walking. Decisions, decisions!!