You may remember that Joan and I went to a workshop at the end of last year, where we were dying fabrics with Jo Hill and challenged ourselves to produce a piece of work using some of these fabrics. I managed to make a small cushion from 2 pieces of my fabrics –
that’s one challenge done and dustred, onto the next…
Our challenge for this year is to produce a small ‘landscape’ every month. I produced this urban landscape for January
Just less than A4 and it is layered with different organzas and then some parts cut away. I’ve used machine and hand stitch. Both Joan and I have featured bottle kilns that were throughout Stoke-on-Trent when the ‘Potteries’ was thriving.
For February, something similar
I’ve used patterned, commerical and hand printed fabrics on this one, but prefer the January piece really. Intend to continue on the layering of fabrics but I need to remember just how many layers I have made. The ‘kiln’ second from the right only has the one layer left and so is a little flimsy.
I’ve made a start on the March piece, so I’m getting on track now.
To finish, this is a photo of our snowdrops in the back garden and I hope it helps to cheer up those of you who are as fed up of this weather as much as I am.
Bye for now,